Canada Emergency Business Account
The Federal government has announced that they will be
providing additional support to small businesses which a guaranteed loan through
the Chartered Canadian banks. These
banks will begin the application process starting the week of April 6th,
Details of the loan and terms:
· $40,000 loan
· Interest free for the term
· Term of the loan is until December 31, 2022
· $10,000 is eligible for forgiveness if $30,000 is paid on or before December 31, 2022
· There is also an option to convert the loan after this date into a 3-year term loan at an interest rate of 5%.
Your business will qualify if you meet the following conditions:
· You have an operating company registered in Canada;
· Your business has an annual payroll of between $50,000 and $1 million, based on their 2019 T4SUM Summary of Remuneration Paid;
· Your business will require must hold a primary business operating account with a Canadian chartered bank.
· Business contact information and other details will be required at the time of the application.
· Other information may be requested by the bank at the time of the application.
Contact an MP Group advisor
If you have additional questions on the process for applying
for the small business interest free loan, or would like to speak with an MP Group
advisor please contact a partner directly to schedule a call.